Saturday, Oct. 22 2016 at Noon at Group Conscience Meeting
As we do once a year, we will have our elections for all the available positions.To get familiar and to learn what is the minimum requirements are read below. All positions are required to attend the monthly steering committee meeting. 1st Wednesday of every month at 7 pm.
- Treasurer – 1 year term – 5 years sobriety required; Collect all donations, record and deposit them. Payall group bills. Report monthly accounting at steering committee and quarterly group conscience meetings.;
- Coffee Trustee – 1 year term – 5 years sobriety required; collect all donations, record and deposit them.Pay all group bills. Report monthly accounting at steering committee.;
- Secretary – 1 year term – 2 years sobriety required; Duties are to record and conduct steering committee meetings, group conscience meetings and to coordinate yearly breakfast.;
- General Service Representative (GSR) – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to attend quarterly area meetings in Sedalia, MO. Report information back to the group. Attend monthly district meetings in metro area (Liberty, MO).;
- Alternate General Service Representative (GSR – Alt) – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to assist GSR and attend Area/District meetings with and/or when GSR is unavailable.;
- Central Office Delegate – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety required; Attend delegate meetings in metro area and report to group. Report group info to delegate meeting. Act as Central Office – NOG Liaison.;
- Assistant Central Office Delegate – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety required; Duties are to assist CO and attend meetings with or in place of when he/she is unavailable.;
- Books and Coins – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety required; Duties are to keep all literature and coins stocked. Order books through General Service Office or go to central office to procure books and/or coins.;
- Public Information (P.I.) – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety required; inform the general public about the A.A. program. Carry the message by getting in touch with and responding to the media, schools, industry, and other organizations to report on the nature and purpose of A.A. and what it can do for alcoholics.;
- P.I. Alternative – see above;
- 6 O’clock Coordinator – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to make sure all 6 pm meetings have a weekly coordinator, that they have a key and know their duties which include; Making coffee, making sure rooms have all necessary literature and that rooms are clean of old cups and carafes before and after meetings. Show them where safe is and how to fill out envelopes correctly.;
- 8 O’clock Coordinator – same as above – for 8pm meetings.;
- Supplies Person – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety required; Duties are to keep hall stocked with paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex and various cleaning supplies.;
- Cleaning Coordinator – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to find people to clean the hall on a weekly basis. This job does not require you to be the person cleaning but you can clean if you want.;
- Facility Maintenance Person – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to repair or find the right person to repair things at the hall. This person should have a general knowledge as a maintenance personas you may be messing with plumbing or electrical.;
- Media Person – Newsletter– 2 year term – 2 year sobriety; Get up-to-date information regarding ALL group activities. Be informed of Area, District, Central Office AA Events and updates. Publish monthly North Oak Group Newsletter. Print occasional materials for NOG Hall.;
- Media Person – Webmaster for NorthOakaa.com – 2 year term – 2 year sobriety; Get up-to-date information regarding all group activities. Be informed of Area, District, Central Office AA Events and updates including North Oak Group Blog. Respond to comments. Check email daily.
- Entertainment Committee – 2 year term – 1 year sobriety; Duties are to provide a safe and sober environment for people in recovery, their families and especially the newcomer. Meeting monthly at the hall.